Are you a victim of hyperpigmentation? Perhaps you picked your acne or face one too many times, or maybe you were far from perfect at applying your sunscreen over the years. Although there can be many causes of this less than desirable condition, hyperpigmentation is something that can be corrected and/or improved with specific medical grade products and treatments.
First, let’s talk skincare.
Three must-have products for at home tone correcting are Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and SPF. Here are some of our top products to treat hyperpigmentation, discoloration, and dark spots (available for purchase in-office or on our online store):
Top Hyperpigmentation Products:
- Skinbetter Science Even Tone Correcting Serum is a lightweight, multi-action skin tone serum. This product includes the patented b.r.y.t system to target brown, red, and yellow tones leaving you with a brighter skin tone. Most at home pigment correctors only target one or two different pigments, hence why you will never see full results.
- Skinbetter Science Alto Defense Serum provides 17 antioxidants while improving redness and uneven skin tone. This product defends your skin against free radicals that cause visible signs of aging, while improving your skin tone and luminosity.
- Skinbetter Science AlphaRet Overnight Cream combines retinol, glycolic acid, and lactic acid to help increase cell turnover, ultimately leading to a more even complexion and minimizes fine lines and wrinkles. This is an office favorite due to its blend of hydrating ingredients and ability to serve as a daily retinol with no irritation or dryness.
- Skinbetter Science AlphaRet Exfoliating Peel Pads are a triple threat product including a blend of glycolic, salicylic, and lactic acid, leaving you with an unbelievably smooth and bright skin. This can be used up to three times a week and is a definite must right before a big event.
- Last but certainly not least is Sunscreen. We carry a variety of Sunscreens to fit your needs and schedule. Our biggest seller is the Sunbetter Tone Smart SPF 68 Compact. This compact can replace your foundation or is a great option for reapplying sunscreen during the day. The sun is not your friend, and it is a huge cause of aging and hyperpigmentation—wearing SPF daily will protect your investment in other corrective products.
Now let’s talk in-office professional services.
We offer a variety of professional hyperpigmentation services at our Scottsdale, Arizona Med Spa administered by our licensed skincare specialists.
- The Unicorn Facial is a one-of-a-kind peel-like treatment consisting of 33% TCA, blended with kojic acid. We have seen Instagram-worthy results with correcting hyperpigmentation, as well as skin tightening and minimizing fine lines and wrinkles. If you are wanting a corrective treatment with no downtime, this is the treatment for you!
- PCA Skin MD Peel is a true medium-depth peel great for more resilient skin types. This peel has a blend of 20% TCA & 10% lactic giving you an ultimate exfoliation while improving texture and hyperpigmentation, such as acne scarring.
- PCA Skin Sensi Peel is a great starter peel for people with more sensitive skin, or people wanting to introduce their skin to medical grade treatments. This blend will gently exfoliate the skin leaving you with brighter and more even skin tone while reducing concerns such as acne scarring or sun-induced hyperpigmentation. There is little to no peeling with this peel.
- Pixel8 RF-Microneedling is an office favorite, and great for all skin types including active breakouts. Not only will this treatment stimulate collagen and tighten the skin, but it will also improve the overall appearance of your skin tone and texture.
- Unicorn Knockout Facial has become one of our Med Spa’s top services for skincare. This combines the Unicorn Facial with Pixel8 RF-Microneedling to achieve the ultimate skin fix. Not only does this work wonders on hyperpigmentation, but it will also leave your skin with better texture, tone, and tightening!
- Skinbetter AlphaRet Professional Peel 30 is a 3-step system containing a blend of lactic, glycolic, and salicylic acids to help re-texturize the skin, reduce sun damage, and improve moisture retention to increase hydration to your skins natural skin barrier. Redness can be a result of a dry and damaged skin barrier, so restoring hydration is an important step in correcting this.
- DiamondGlow is a triple threat facial. This 3-in-1 facial exfoliates the skin, extracts blackheads and debris, while infusing the skin with a customizable SkinMedica serum to treat your skin concerns. If you are trying to work on hyperpigmentation and evening skin tone, the Skin Brightening, Vitamin C, or Ultra Hydration serums are for you. The Skin Brightening serum is concocted with patented peptides to brighten and improve skin tone. The Vitamin C serum is full of antioxidants to help rejuvenate and protect the skin from damaging free radicals. While the Ultra Hydrating has hyaluronic acid to help restore and maintain moisture in your skin barrier to prevent irritated, dry skin. This treatment leaves you with the ultimate polish and glow for your skin and our client’s favorite part is seeing all the impurities that came from their skin in your waste jar at the end of the treatment.
If you are unsure where to start with your skincare regimen and treatments, we offer consultations, free of charge. You can call/text the office or book online to schedule and start your journey to better skin.